Tuesday, May 16, 2017

The mostly finished journal

I have collaged all the spreads in the journal I posted last.  I will include the blank one then the collaged one.  So I will divide this up into a couple of posts at least.







Here is the finished spread.  I came across this quote- so it was on my mind.
When you speak from your
heart and say words your soul has only dared
to whisper, that's when miracles happen.

The chair photo is one I took several years ago when we rented a cabin on the north shore of Lake Superior - I printed it on a book page. That image has such emotion for me.

The next spread is split as this opens into a fold out that I will show next.


i was thinking about a friend that we well use to have when I did this spread.  . We were friends since the early 80s- he's in his 70s and 2 years ago fell down his stairs and had a head injury and then had a severe depression- long story short after several tries he no longer responds and I have seen him with other friends on facebook. So this quote helps some and inspired this spread. "At some point you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life. It's in that new journal I made it's 7" X 11". Smaller than I usually work. I printed the faces on pages from old books some old art education books.


This is the first fold out- I loved the long horizontal size.

I love Rumi quotes- I came across this one and I really liked it- for many reasons. I have a book titled The Illuminated Rumi - it is a book of digital collages- at least i think they are digital- anyway they illustrate quotes by Rumi. It came out in 1997. Here is the quote:
Everything in the universe is
Within You. Ask all from yourself. -Rumi
This spread is 7" X 22"


On this spread I used stencils when I Gelli printed it.


I loved this quote and it is so true for me.
People don't always need advice. Sometimes all they need is a hand to hold, an ear to listen, and a heart to understand them.

This is the center of the journal.


This next one is: Trying to Find My Way. Trying to figure out how this is all going to play out.

I will post the last for spreads soon.

 
 

6 comments:

  1. Wow and double Wow!
    I love seeing the starts then the wonderful solutions,
    as well as the terrific quotes!
    You are such a treasure Terry! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore seeing all your work together like this, Terry. It is lovely to hear all your thoughts about the work, and the images, I always forget to talk about the elements and I am getting better about sharing, but it is still so hard. I am always so impressed by your trust in sharing! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you dear Caterina- sometimes I worry I share too much but it is just who I am. So wish I could have gone to your show. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy and busy in the best way! Love, love, love these spreads. :-)

    ReplyDelete