Sunday, March 25, 2018

March went so fast

Things have been rather hectic and intense of late. We put our house on the market March 9th- so there was work for that and of course the thinning is ongoing. I had been having some symptoms I didn't like and went to see my cardiologist.  She had me do a stress echo test- she called the next day to say she didn't like part of what she saw. So the 12th I had an angiogram and a major blockage was found- so I now have a stent to take care of that- at least the rest in there looked good.  So I am on a blood thinner for at least a year-to avoid clots around the stent. The part that surprised mt was I now have nitro pills-  I know I have coronary disease- and that along with the stent  makes to possibility of an "event" go up. So I am getting use to a new normal.  So thankful this was discovered and dealt with. The work of late has been in my journal. I have packed much of the studio but have left a few things out and the rest that is packed I can get to if I just have to cause I didn't seal the boxes yet.  I will include the narrative I wrote for each spread- these where shared with two different art groups I am a part of. I will start with a February spread.

February 18
Well today was challenging - we got around 9 inches of snow- a reminder that winter up here in northern Minnesota is far from over- Made the best of it and got more studio sorting and packing done and I had to do a spread. I have this book that is 5 1/2 x 81/4 so the spreads are 5 1/2 x 16 1/2. It is a book about rocks- I am using it as a journal. I will often do backgrounds using paint I have left from other projects. This one is called:
Adrift in the Sea of Uncertainty. The song by Jesse Marchant - "Adrift" was in my head. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTA6_bc5Y3s 

Drifting in a Sea of Uncertainty 



February 14
Hello all- I have been working hard on the thinning and sorting and have piles for two art teaches in town that were art education students of mine. I just had to work on something today it has been so long. As I was sorting I came across all these zines I had saved. The Studio zine is one Teesha Moore did in the late 90s early2000s. I have several pieces in different issues- I was unprepared for the emotional reaction I had. That was such a great fun time. So the spread today: "It is hard to cut" is about that and just the emotional part of going through things that trigger all these memories.

It is Hard to Cut


March 14 at 2:30pm
Took the morning to work on a spread- I want to thank you for your loving and supportive comments concerning my heart issues. I really does mean so much and I know it makes a difference. So glad I only had to spend one night in the hospital. This was another one of those wake-up reminders that this is no dress rehearsal - and to live my life- thankful for each day. To me it is a marvel that they can go in from an artery to your heart- see what the arteries look like and then repair a blockage. SO this experience was one of those reminders that yes in fact we are mortal and to make the best of the time we have. Thank you again from my repaired heart!

Repaired Heart

 It has been a while- I had to go to my journal today. Lots to process. I have been off kilter since my getting the stent put in and being told I have to have nitro pills with me at all times- guess stent people are more likely to have a heart attack. I deal with depression and sometimes something like this heart stuff knocks me off kilter- I don't recovery as fast as I use to - often I circle the abyss as do many with depression but I can usually stay away from the edge- this has been a challenge. This spread sort of illustrates my state right now- I am finally up out of the pity party chair. The figures in the upper right are from the artistic director of The Heart of the Beast Puppet and Mask Theater, Sandy Spieler. They are to me - Ron and I holding our dream of a new home together. When I get in a downward spiral I tend to play melancholy music- it feels like a warm quilt of comfort around me. But I am surfacing again.I started cardio rehab this week and that helps- House has been on the market for 16 days and have had only one couple come look. I know eventually it will sell.

Off The Pity Party Chair


13 comments:

  1. Hi dear friend... I love seeing all your work together like this... There is such a progression to it.. So powerful and wrenching.. I am keeping you in my visualizations and will know that you will never need those nitro pills.. I am imagining your heart beating to the rhythm of love and that love healing you from the inside out.. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cat our friendship means so much to me!

      Delete
  2. Sending love AND WARM HUGS ACROSS THE MILES!.(caps unintentional but left anyway?) So many stresses push your creative juices, right? ♥ I think we look at your art and feel your hear and sending healing wishes. Take good care Terry & Ron, I love you both! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Sweet Jacki- I miss you so. Love from us both.

      Delete
  3. Oh gosh. I am so sorry you are having all these health issues. They really do tend to knock you for a loop. I am glad that you finally are selling your house and getting your move going. There is nothing worse than being in the wrong place. I can attest to that. I keep saying to my husband that I hope we live long enough to make it to AZ. That has become the goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roberta- I have followed your challenges and the NE winter this year I am sure has confirmed you did the right thing. Ditto to the goal of living long enough to get down there. Thank you for your comment- all the best to you. I do look at all your blog posts- take care.

      Delete
  4. I love how your art relates to what is transpiring in your life. You are a master at finding imagery to tell your narrative. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to read about your heart and glad you are now being treated. Sounds to me like you are going through a grief process which h is very normal. Hard and normal.
    Best of luck with healing and selling and moving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Sue. Maybe grieving but more like being hit in the face with the mortality reminder.

      Delete
  6. Wow, Terry, scary about the heart thing! I'm so very glad you got what you need to take care of it. Exciting that you got the house listed and you are so close. Spring is the time, you just know it! Sending my best wishes for your health, for Ron, and for a fabulous offer on your house. And love! Sending love, too, from Craig and me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon- hugs to you two. It will be a crazy time but exciting- now to get rid of that 5 inches of snow we got yesterday!

      Delete
  7. Your Affiliate Money Making Machine is ready -

    Plus, earning money online using it is as easy as 1...2...3!

    Here are the steps to make it work...

    STEP 1. Choose which affiliate products you want to promote
    STEP 2. Add some PUSH button traffic (it ONLY takes 2 minutes)
    STEP 3. Watch the affiliate system grow your list and upsell your affiliate products all on it's own!

    Are you ready to make money automatically??

    The solution is right here

    ReplyDelete