Sunday, April 5, 2020

Pleasant Distraction

This is such a hard time for so many- the virus has forever changed things. I find myself going through many emotions from fear to anxiety to anger.  I am so glad to have my art as a tool to express my feelings.There is a terrific artist that has a free online collage class going. Crystal Neubauer is a terrific collage artist- her class is just what I needed- I will share some things from that- the first couple of lessons we did 4 inch square collages that are timed- you have 5 minutes to complete each collage. I ended the post with a journal spread that I did in response to the social distancing.


First set of 4 inch collages each done in 5 minutes.

Second set of 4 inch collages each done in 5 minutes.

the next assignment was to do an eight inch square
collage using just 3 pieces.

This is a journal spread I did. The social distancing or self-isolating
we are to practice was the subject of this spread.




5 comments:

  1. WOnderful Terry, your work is always gorgeous and soulful, a rare gift.
    I am having trouble doing work, yet I need to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Jacki- I go in spurts miss you- I had that book light on the other night and though about how lucky I am to have you as a friend! love to you.

      Delete
  2. I took a three day workshop with Crystal in LA. It was fabulous. I enjoy seeing your work...b

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so wonderful, Terry! It’s incredible to see what can be accomplished, visually, with minimal elements! Your work always inspires me!

    ReplyDelete