Friday, September 26, 2014

A New Kind of Collaboration

I recently took an online collage class with Randel Plowman. One of the last assignments was to do a collaged accordion book.  I posted mine on September 5th  I thought that the accordion book would be a great form for collaboration. So  I decided to do just that and this first one is with Jani Collins, a wonderful artist living in Ohio. I made the accordion books.  One for me and one for her- On the inside we each get 2  spreads to collage.  So in the photo- 1 & 2 = 1 spread  3 & 4 = the second spread and so on.  The back side we both will work on. So the photographs below are my pieces in my book-  I actually just received Jani's book today but haven't photographed it yet.  I am finding this book format to be very fun for a collaboration.


   This is the cover of my book

 These are my 2 spreads together.

 Here's another view of my 2 spreads.

This is the back I started and Jani will finish it.

9 comments:

  1. This is fantastic Terry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brian- Looking forward to seeing what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, Terry, as always.
    I took my RR journal to class today and shared the beautiful work.
    It came last night and I was so touched by the beauty, but even more the caring!
    Felt so lucky to be included in this group, what a treasure.
    And, you make treasures all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you are a treasure dear jacki! So wish we could see each other soon.

      Delete
  4. I took Randels class too and have had fun making accordion books. I have a question about yours. You say "this is the cover of my book" but that looks like the inside. The covers are just two pieces. Am I missing something?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never mind, I just figured it out. Duh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The single shot with the guy and the coat is the front cover

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely fantastic! I have yet to start on mine.....kick starter needs fine tuning I think! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John- well your life has been crazy of late so your kick-starter will working well soon!

      Delete