Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Recent Journal spreads

There are the most recent journal spreads I made in the last week or so.  Once again the copy is what I wrote when I shared them with the journal group.  This time I will start with the oldest to the newest-  and will include the dates.


March 16 at 3:18pm
Thank you for all the good thoughts and prayers- . We got not good news from the angiogram yesterday. Ron will need to have open heart surgery to replace a valve. We hope to have our consultation with the surgeon next week - the doctor yesterday said this is not an emergency but needs to be done soon as possible. So we hope the surgery will be scheduled soon after that- long recovery. Moving plans on hold. So today's spread is dealing with that- The title is: I don't Feel Like Making Lemonade.



March 17 at 3:25pm
Ok you are fair warned this is a rant- for the people that said I am just gloom and doom well it is looking more and more like what is happening. Trumpcare will kill people plain and simple. Before it was legal for Ron and I to get married i couldn't carry him on my insurance and and he had cancer- the expensive insurance that he did have with a 15 thousand deductible was suddenly dropped he had cancer they didn't want him anymore- it was before The affordable care was passed and they couldn't deny you with a pre-existing condition. - he finally found someone that would insure him for 4 thousand a month with a 12 thousand deductible. I say make the members of congress have what they are suggesting for the rest of the country. Buit then most are already millionaires so they could still pay for it-
And taking away meals on wheels- WTF? My mother-in-law was able to stay in her home because she received meals on wheels and didn't have to cook because she could no longer Ron and I paid for it but I mean how cruel- and not I just read free lunch at school for kids that can't afford it isn't worth it. Who are these monsters- where is the humanity- gone from our government. This spread is about the worry about health care.




March 19 at 2:26pm
I have been mulling over something that someone here said to me a while back- that I just talk about gloom and doom- well sometimes it really does seem like that's what it is in this country now-I know there are many wonderful things and this group certainly is one of those wonderful things. Seeing your expressions here feed my soul- I love seeing your wonderful works from happy ones to the serious. The collective energy from this group is the medicine that will get us through these times. I was thinking about the tale of Chicken Little. Many of you know that one- (well maybe the older ones like me LOL) The Sky is Falling The Sky is Falling- In the tale chicken little was wrong it was just an acorn hitting his head- but I do fear with the current plans to destroy the EPA that the sky very well may be falling- I care deeply for this country and for the environment world-wide. We need to stop the madness or the world will not be fit for the grand children to live in.




Keep Knocking and the joy inside will eventually open a window and look out to see who's there. Rumi
That is the quote for this spread. I do have to knock pretty hard sometimes but I do still have joy.





March 21  at 2:39pm
WE got the call today- Ron will have surgery the 31st- next week! So many emotions. It will be a big surgery - they will be replacing a valve and doing a by-pass. I titled this spread Breathe. I need to work on my breathing anyway- and I need to revisit my mindfulness books. Thank you for your thoughts & prayers. Also thank you for your continued comments on my journal work. Your love and support mean so very much.




10 comments:

  1. much love to you and Ron for his op. I hope it goes really well and he recovers quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever commented, but I love your journals. And yes, breathe. It will be all right. Breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though you would most likely rather have a different topic to journal about, you are doing an amazing job expressing your feelings and concerns through art! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terry, you and Ron are going through a lot. Like your recent spread about the arrow, it can't be launched forward without going back a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to hear Ron's surgery is next week! Your collages are the best, as usual. Sending lots of love, prayers and blessings to you both. xx

    ReplyDelete