Sunday, February 17, 2019

February Post

As always- time seems to just zoom by.  A mix of medical appointments- Ron had  cataract surgery on the eye that he had surgery on in November so check ups for that- things seem to be ok there. I have had some good studio days. Finished a collaborative project with Los Libros- one of the book arts groups I  am part of.  We are each making a mini zine- we will get one from each person in the March meeting and make a slip case to hold them- there will be 40 different ones.
I had a moving experience yesterday(Saturday the 16th) - I may have shared that a wonderful collage artist Valerie Roybal died here in November- Valerie invited me to be a part of the collage group here when I first got here to Albuquerque. There is a show of her work up at a gallery here right now and they brought in her actual old desk and everything on it- several of her antique cases with her collections- the collage group set up tables right in the middle of her show and there were stacks and stacks of her books and collage materials we were encouraged to take and make work with. It was both a sad and a joyful afternoon. Here is a link to Valerie's work. https://www.pinterest.com/evabudlong/valerie-roybal/?lp=tru 
Here are two collages I made at that gathering.

Lucky Strike
This collage is on a monoprint.

Facing the Past
This collage is also done on a monoprint.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! It sounds like an amazing day. I love these spreads. I LOVE "Facing the Past".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brian. I feel so fortunate to be a part of that wonderful group of artists.

      Delete
  2. Love seeing your latest gems, you are so talented! I am sorry for your loss of Valerie, her work looks joyful. Glad Ron is healing well, and looking forward to seeing you. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jacki. I am so looking forward to seeing you as well.

      Delete
  3. You should see how my acquaintance Wesley Virgin's report begins in this SHOCKING AND CONTROVERSIAL VIDEO.

    Wesley was in the army-and shortly after leaving-he revealed hidden, "mind control" secrets that the government and others used to get whatever they want.

    These are the same secrets many celebrities (especially those who "became famous out of nowhere") and the greatest business people used to become wealthy and famous.

    You probably know that you use only 10% of your brain.

    Mostly, that's because the majority of your BRAINPOWER is UNCONSCIOUS.

    Maybe that conversation has even occurred IN YOUR own head... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's head 7 years back, while driving a non-registered, garbage bucket of a vehicle without a driver's license and with $3.20 in his bank account.

    "I'm absolutely fed up with living paycheck to paycheck! When will I finally succeed?"

    You've been a part of those those types of thoughts, am I right?

    Your success story is waiting to be written. You just need to take a leap of faith in YOURSELF.

    Watch Wesley Virgin's Video Now!

    ReplyDelete