Tuesday, June 9, 2020

George Floyd's Funeral Day

Feeling very emotional today-  George Floyd's funeral is today.  Another African American man killed by a policeman that had a history of trouble. This terrible killing sent shock waves through the world. The combination of this and the ongoing pandemic makes it very hard to not be pessimistic. I lived in Minneapolis for 25 years- that city has a special place in my heart.  Seeing the damage done to neighborhoods  made me so sad- I left Minneapolis 18 years ago and there were police issues then.  I saw a group of photographs posted online by David Biljan of St Paul, MN. I contacted him for permission to use some of them in my journal and collage work. He said yes and this journal spread is the first thing I have done with the photographs. I altered them and merged two side by side.
I want to be hopeful and think that maybe there can be some real change now- if there is change it will be hard with the idiot we have in the White House that incites this sort of thing-calls racists good people and has no moral compass what so ever.


3 comments:

  1. So powerful Terry. Thank you for you and your awareness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trent....many many people feel sorry for the people of America with this 'person' who was elected as their president in 2016. And OMG Hilary was given such a hard time. Please god (I am not even religious) the scum wont rise to the top again come the next election.

    ReplyDelete