Saturday, August 8, 2020

Finishing & Beginning

 Time is seeming to be both very slowed down sometimes and yet it seems another weeks goes by in a blink- this pandemic is challenging on so many levels- containing my emotions from one extreme to another is a challenge at times as I know it is for many of you. I am thankful for my art-it has helped me in so many ways.  I completed the ICAD challenge for 2020. Making a card a day from June 1st through July 31st- this was the second year for me doing this- so having 122 4 x 6 cards- I decided to start mailing some out to friends from long ago and some new friends. I have loved mail art forever it seems. So I will share a few more of the ICAD cards here.  I am in 2 different collage groups here in Albuquerque. We have not had any in-person sessions since the virus made that unsafe.  I organized an ATC exchange for one group that I helped start: Scissors & Glue ABQ. I wanted us to somehow keep connected during this challenging time- and making and sharing these small artworks seemed like the way to go. If you are unfamiliar with ATCs here is some info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artist_trading_cards.I have sent out my cards to the 18 members that are participating in this exchange- it is fun working in this small size- 2 1/2" X 3 1/2". 









Here are the ATCs







7 comments:

  1. It is so wonderful to see your work. I love examining each and every one of them. Spectacular! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS....I am so glad all of a sudden I can post to your blog again. I do not know how that happened but yeah for it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad too John thanks- anxious to catch up Monday!!! xo

      Delete
  3. These are just so fabulous, dearheart and I can see New Mexico in your work now.. love each one..xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so wonderful, Terry, both the postcards and the ATCs! I have been working in the 4” x 6” size, myself, this summer and will share some of those on Facebook and Instagram soon. As you say, trying to stay safe and sane during all of this is certainly a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, thank you for inviting me to look at your blog. Great work here, I shall continue to read past blogs and look forward to new ones,

    ReplyDelete