Friday, August 21, 2020

August is Zooming

 This pandemic has been odd - in that it seems like forever and yet the days and weeks go by so fast. We have been in a heatwave here- yes even for the desert SW- it is hot. We will reach 100 again today - 90s have been the norm ALL summer- usually we have a couple of weeks of those and then to the 80s. So besides the virus fears keeping us at home- the heat keeps us home for sure in the afternoons.

I am thankful for my art- I try to be in the studio some time each day.  I am taking a few online art classes- One is The HomeBook- Rakefet Hadar- it is altering a children's book-into a house shape and the  video lessons deal with concepts of home- where is your home? Who can enter your home?  Those are two of several questions that are dealt with in the book we make. I found a used book called The Doll House Book and it was already  in a house shape. So I am sharing my cover and some spreads. It's larger than I sometimes work when it comes to art journaling. A double page spread measures 14 inches tall and 18 inches long. The paper in the book is shiny so I am using gesso and acrylic paint to create a surface to work on.

Book Cover collage


This is the inside cover and front page spread. I was going for a children's book illustration feel here. I digitally added birds to the building here- then printed out the buildings with birds and then glued it into the book after I had journaled and painted a background color.


This is the tile page spread that said Doll House Book and I painted out the Doll.


This is about my husband and me.  We have been together 44 years and we see each other with our hearts as well as our eyes. The background is a gel plate monotype I glued to the pages.

5 comments:

  1. Inviting cover! The unique and appealing handwriting is perfect background! ❤️ Enjoyed your blo, Terry! 44 years says it all

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you digitally create and then add the ephemera to your work. These spreads are just fabulous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John. I do love combining digital with cut and paste.

      Delete