Friday, July 12, 2013

Ticket to Ride

This is a hand cut and paste collage.  The title is: Ticket to Ride and there is for sure a story to be told here.  I am from southern Iowa and this map shows the area I was from- I kept moving north- first northern Iowa- then Minneapolis and now Bemidji in Northern Minnesota.
I am very excited as I just found out I will be teaching 2 classes at The Pacific NW Art School in October of 2014. http://www.pacificnorthwestartschool.org/ This school is located on Whidbey Island (near Seattle).  This is a beautiful location and a wonderful school.  One of the classes I will be teaching there is:  Narrative Collage-Story telling with Collage.

6 comments:

  1. This sounds so autobiographical. It is at least historical from the standpoint of your roots. I love it that I can make up my own version of what is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this one autobiographical or not. I love the car. My Dad had a car like that when I was little. Congats on your classes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those old cars- I rented a big one one summer as I needed to get to my 2 summer jobs-

      Delete
  3. I love the feelings of nostalgia this collage gives me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks- I do like some of the stuff from the past.

    ReplyDelete