Friday, December 29, 2017

More work from the class

While some of the work for the class  was done on loose sheets I also did a fair amount in my journals.  There was a time when I would work in one journal until I had filled it- not any more.  In fact I have at least five going right now all different sizes I will share a few spreads that are recent here. This will be my last post for 2017  So Happy New Year to you all.

This spread was inspired by a wonderful thing- right before the snow covered our deck- I looked out one morning and there was this beautiful bight white ermine. Lots going on here- not sure just yet on the levels of meaning but there are several. This is a fold out in my big journal- 12 x 25. The traits of this spirit animal are interesting. I feel our hearts/spirits are connected to everything-Weasel Animal Totems traits include: Quick wit, forethought, good mental acuity
Encourages intense observation of life situations
Ability to analyze these situations and deduce probable outcomes


This spread like the one above is a fold out spread.  I have dealt with some challenging things this year. A few health things that are getting better and some  issues with people in my life. This quote is what inspired this spread.
 
Sometimes the person you'd
take a bullet for ends up
being the one behind the gun.

This spread is in my larger journal- this fold out is 12 inches tall and 25 inches long.
The background was fun-  I have an eBrush  this is an air brush for markers-  you can get adapters for various markers-  sharpies work- and copic markers- prismacolor markers and there are a couple of other kinds. I drew and cut out some chairs and used those as masks.  More working with the houses on the chairs.  Is the house inviting you to come in and sit or is it keeping you from being comfortable?
 
I did a positive negative thing with the chair- I have set my boundaries and feeling protective and protected. People have asked how I can stand to cut out detailed things- for me it is a sort of zen like I have music on and I cut away- I will say the barbed wire was tricky but yet that helped me think about the concept of keeping one out of a space or keeping someone from getting in your space.
 

 
The ending of a year always has me thinking about my life- what I have experienced- what I enjoyed about this year what was challenging- and then I send out my hopes for the new year to the universe. The large door in this is a photograph of mine that I altered- this house ruin is near where we use to live- I was so drawn to it. It is like a portal in this context. Best not to get trapped in the past.


 
 


9 comments:

  1. Terrific works. I enjoy the stenciling and layering in the third one especially. And your thoughts about each of them are very interesting and illuminating. Happy New Year, Terry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon and happy New Year to you and yours!!!

      Delete
  2. Terry, thank you so much for sharing these amazing images along with your thoughts, hopes, and dreams. I have been reading your posts this past year, and I know it's been a tough one. I haven't often commented, but I've had you in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing you and your husband the best for the coming year; may you have good health, happiness, and much love. Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharmon. Yes- here's to a great 2018!

      Delete
  3. I love them all! Really! Your work is stunning!
    Wishing you and Ron and happy new year with
    great health & happiness and a move closer to
    us in CA? Miss you fear one.♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss you too Jacki- Best to you in the new year! Love you.

      Delete
  4. It is so nice knowing that someone else has a few journals going at once. One of my resolutions is to finish up some of the journals that have been around for awhile just waiting. Love what you are creating. Happy New Year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my art brother- in fact I am prepping yet another found a great house shaped book to alter

      Delete
  5. If you're trying hard to lose weight then you absolutely need to try this totally brand new custom keto meal plan.

    To produce this keto diet, certified nutritionists, fitness trainers, and cooks united to develop keto meal plans that are useful, painless, cost-efficient, and fun.

    Since their launch in 2019, hundreds of people have already transformed their figure and well-being with the benefits a great keto meal plan can offer.

    Speaking of benefits: in this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-tested ones given by the keto meal plan.

    ReplyDelete