Thursday, September 19, 2013

Back to The Series

Yes another in this series that seems to be about longing and yearning and wistfulness.  I do seem to have these feelings a lot as the season changes to autumn.  As odd as this may sound I do love this time of year- we get beautiful color up here in the woods- some leaves are already changing.  This autumn is extra emotional as my partner and I will legally marry in October.  I didn't think I would be able to do this in my lifetime.
This collage like the others has a gelli print background.  The house is an altered photograph of mine from a ruin in North Dakota.  For some reason this has a feel of Christina's World- that iconic painting by Andrew Wyeth.  The title is: Justin Knew He Could Never Go Back.

13 comments:

  1. This is wonderful...so moving. I love that the figure extends beyond the edges of the scene. You really have a way with just a few elements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Connie- I liked having the figure be really large for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love the way the figure looms large and off the paper. I also really like that you are using gelli prints in a meaningful way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Roberta! I took a great online Gelli printing class and it was only using stencil you made and lots of ways to print without them at all. I like some of the stencils that are out there but I prefer my own for artwork- I have used some purchased stencils as Journal covers.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful piece, wonderful message, just plain wonderful message to us...all around great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terry, this is a wonderful addition to the series! Your making me want to get out my gelli and get using it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Before I even read your comment about this piece I took one look at the figure and the house, and thought, "this reminds me of 'Christina's World'". Very evocative! Again, love the element of mystery created by the extremities of the figure extending well beyond the edges of the picture plane!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your art is absolutely awesome! I love your way to do collages and the stories behind. And I appreciate it very much that you can do your work in a way that vereyone can develop their own stories and associations. Simply amazing ... Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this piece and that background is wonderful. The gelli plate is such a versatile tool. And that house is fantastic. I am so drawn to house imagery. There is such a sadness to this but also something slightly liberating as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like your comment- yes house imagery is huge for me- I call these images- loaded images- as they are full of meaning and emotion for me- houses, chairs, birds, doors and windows are among my favorites.

      Delete