Saturday, September 14, 2013

Free Fall

When I came across the image of this guy in one of the old Post magazines from the early 50s I think- I knew I had to do something with it.  Yes another Gelli print background and yes I did go crazy with my Gelli plate! The tower and the window are altered photographs of my own.  My Minnesota friends may recognize the tower from Duluth- it's the Enger Tower.  The title Free Fall seems to fit this.  Sometimes I feel like that.  That I am in a free fall when things seem to stack up.  So I either surrender to the fall or fight it- surrender can be really healing- I only do that when I know I have a safety net of support in place.  I am so very fortunate to have that.

11 comments:

  1. Oh this one is wonderful! All of these "for me" have a Twilight Lone to them. That is cool you use a Minnesota landmark in your piece. Wonderful Terry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean Twilight ZONE not lone. Sheesh!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Brian- The landmarks add a layer of meaning for me.

      Delete
  2. Great piece in your series. It is Hitchcockian! It would be a wonderful cover for a mystery novel or a poster for a film. Super!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John and I agree- great cover potential.

      Delete
  3. Another powerful composition Terry. You sure do know your way around a collage :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this one! Your work is all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete