Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Collage Class

I am taking an online collage class.  Randel Plowman is teaching this class- he has a fun blog: http://acollageaday.blogspot.com/  He also has a great book out: The Collage Workbook.
These are for my 2nd assignment.  we were to pick out images from magazines with a glossy surface.  The images are then coated on both sides with gloss medium- one side at a time and then when they are dry- the collage is composed on a water color paper substrate.  Then the surface is protected with wax paper- I used some old dry mount release paper I had- you then iron the protected surface and the heat fuses everything together.  The collage keeps the gloss surface- I tend to prefer a mat surface but this was fun and I think I may well do some more of these.
I thought I needed a break from posting the series I have been working on!







17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Randel- so glad I signed up for your class!

      Delete
  2. These are great ~ really well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Connie- I appreciate all your comments and positive feedback!

      Delete
  3. These came out amazing!! Can you help me fix it or are you just teasing us?

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are CRAZY good Terry! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these. My favorite is the clowns. All are super wonderful though. Good show with a new technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with everyone and have nothing original to add except that these are such fun to look at! They lead me in so many directions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you just love the ironing of the paper? It lies so flat and lovely! I love my iron. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roberta- My tacking iron was almost too small to do this.

      Delete
  8. Love these, Terry. I can see that you are learning a great deal from Randel's class. Wonderful images!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are sensational Terry. It has been fascinating to see how the different artists taking this workshop have created such different pieces. Art really does reflect the artist.

    ReplyDelete