Saturday, February 23, 2013

Moose & Time

This hand cut and paste ATC is called Moose & Time.  It started with the moose cigar band.  I loved that and knew I would use it somehow. The little purple drawing is from an artist in Minneapolis- he would sell these tiny copies of his drawings as a set in a matchbox.  I got a set maybe twenty years ago- I can't find his name anywhere so I can't give credit.  I will keep looking.  I am slowly getting better at using all this stuff I have collected.  I do love the small size of the artist trading cards- it's a challenge and fun to do a composition in that small size.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful ATC. I love the vintage feel. I love the lil drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your little matchbook art set is by Tom Cassidy. I have one of those, too! He would not have any objection to your repurposing his art, in fact he repurposes other art all the time and quite intentionally and irreverently, but with great good humor and generosity of spirit.

    This is great, Terry. I really like that you are digging up old ephemera and giving it new life like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice ATC. I agree about working small. Coming up with the ideas is the challenging. Backgrounds tend to come quickly for me.

    ReplyDelete