Monday, August 12, 2013

A New Series

I am very happy to say that the muse has decided to hang around for a while!  It's funny how sometimes I make collages that are stand-alones and now I seem to be on a roll with a new series. A friend gave me a box of Life, Look and Post magazines from the early 50s to the early 70s.  I have to say the ones from the 50s are my favorites- Thanks to a good friend I have a great title for this one, Tainted Love.  Thanks Tom. http://www.flickr.com/photos/thomasoo/  The background is a mono-print done with a Gelli plate.  Part of this one is digital and part is good old X-acto cutting.

2 comments:

  1. Those old magazines can be quite engrossing. The way people and objects are depicted in the ads tell you so much about the era in which those magazines existed. A different time, indeed!!! I love the simplicity of the imagery in this piece and, especially, the way the Gelli monoprint ties everything together. I have a wonderful book that I bought years ago, called "Yesterday's Tomorrows," that has many pictures from the 1940s through the early 1960s of what people, then, imagined the near-future would be like (flying cars, personal rocket ships--the whole bit!). Thanks for sharing, Terry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you have incorporated the vintage magazine illustrations into a new composition along with a "new" art technique, gelli plates. Really well done!

    ReplyDelete