Wednesday, February 8, 2017

One Day At A Time

I will share a few journal spreads here.  I have been doing  a fair amount of journal work- it's sometimes the only way I have to release the anger- rage sorrow and  fear that I have about our country right now. The tone is so hateful in the states as well.  I just read in Iowa they have frozen the minimum wage and have made it illegal for cities to raise it.  Where is this coming from-  I am so upset and feel that the moral compass for this country is missing- it certainly is in the white house and congress.  Sharmon Davidson, a terrific artist I have met online had this on her blog today and I think it just might be the subject for a journal spread soon. http://sharmond.blogspot.com/.

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.
He said, “My son, the battle is between two wolves inside us all.”
“One is Evil – It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.
“The other is good – It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.”
The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: “Which wolf wins?”
The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”

This First spread is The Search for America's Missing Moral Compass. I am raging with the approval of a woman that bought her way to the Secretary of Education. She hates public educations knows nothing about it but because she contributed so much money to the evil bastards this is what we get- as a career educator is just enrages me- they have NO caring at all for the children and students of this country- everything has a price tag now.






The next spread is Where is the Hero? I am hoping for us all to be heroes in doing all we can to make this government one that is for the people and not just billionaires and haters.




I love this quote-It was the  inspiration for this spread.  I am so very fortunate to have friends that have really had the keys to doors of mine that didn't even realize- I mostly have all open doors now.

 

7 comments:

  1. All three are stunning and I can feel the pain that moved them.
    Love you dear Terry.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your collages are excellent and very moving! They are also comforting since you are expressing my feelings as well! Thank you!

      Delete
    2. you are welcome Annette. Thanks for taking time to look.

      Delete
  2. The story of the Cherokee sharing wisdom with the grandson is perfect in these times. A short version to commit to daily life is "it is what we feed (spread)"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terry, all three of these pieces are beautiful and so powerful. You have a gift for expressing the mood and thoughts of so many of us right now. The one that grabs me most is,"Where is the Hero?" I think too many people are looking to the wrong person for that role. I also agree with you about public education. I taught in the public schools for over 20 years, and I'm tired of schools and teachers being blamed for the ills of our society. I fear the new Secretary of Education will agree with this view. Most schools do a good job, and yet I see posts on facebook saying that they don't teach civics anymore, which I know isn't true, as I've helped many a student to wade through the Constitution. It's a societal problem, not a school problem, for the most part. Our moral compass seems to be spinning in circles right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sharmon- yes these are indeed hard times on so many fronts. I didn't realize you taught- I loved my career- I hope to teach more workshops when we get moved and settled.

      Delete