Friday, June 11, 2021

Here Comes Summer!

 Well it is June and with that comes the warm to hot temps.  We may hit 100 tomorrow and Sunday.

I had surgery to repair hernias on Wednesday and I am in recovery mode- this knocked me on my butt- it ended up to be more extensive than I thought. But it is done and I will heal.

Last post I showed 2 in progress photos of the new messenger series. I have finished the 9.  Three are now in frames and will frame the rest a couple at a time.  They are in nine inch square shadowbox frames.  What doesn't show very well in the photos is the different levels of the elements in the dioramas.  I am feeling good about these and now it is time to move onto some other things.  I have several online classes I want to work on- It is amazing to have the chance to take classes with artists that I find motivating.  I will always be a life long learner.

Here are the nine messengers photographed before they go into frames to avoid the glass reflections. The backgrounds for these are monotypes I made- I scanned them and altered them a bit and printed them out.











3 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore this series! And I love your art style so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series. They strike me as spiritual...it as if you have uncovered the beauty within these people labeled as Problems. They are reframed in your work as spiritual messengers. Marvelous and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete