Tuesday, December 20, 2022

2022 Wind down!

 Well I see I missed a November post. I have been busy with collaborations and collage and journaling.

The gallery I was with for 2 years, Ricochet Gallery is now closed. I miss that. Michael and his husband Mark owned it- Michael's cancer came back had to have surgery so they needed to close. They created such a wonderful community. I might look for another gallery in the new year. I will share a few things for this end of the year post. The first two images are digital collages I did a couple of weeks ago.


Atlantis Rising



Luis's Flowers


The next few photos are of my part of a book collaboration I did with Matt French.

We worked digitally on this. This was about your our personal iconigraphical images. I often use certain things a lot as they have special meaning for me. These include chairs, houses, doors, windows, clocks to name a few. This first photo defines the collaboration. There is a video that shows the completed book on my instagram page. @terrygarrett763 I have a private account-just request there to follow me and I will let you in. I tend to post there a lot more than here. I did not do titles for these collages.








The last two here are the front and inside of the holiday card I did. The front

is a table top collage- meaning I put black paper on my work table and arranges these elements

then photographed the arrangement- then I altered it in the computer. The last one is the

inside of the card. Happy Solstice and Happy New year!





4 comments:

  1. All delightful, as usual, Terry! I love your “tabletop collage” process, thanks for describing it. I have seen fine art photos of arrangements of objects, but not where they continue working on it digitally. It’s fun to see new (to me) ways of making compositions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at your work Terry. You totally amaze me with the creativity and your messages are so right on. Happy holidays. :-). J

    ReplyDelete