Saturday, December 20, 2014

Winding Down 2014

Well I have let this blog really slide.  Sometimes life gets full and that would be it here. There were some great joys this year and some very hard times as well.
I have two family members that are dealing with cancer- so far so good.  I was able to be with my brother out west for his surgery.
This year I discovered the joys of art collaboration.  I have connected with a wonderful group of artists from all over the world really.  While there are negative issues with the social media stuff I have to say connecting with other artists with groups on social media has opened up a new world to me.  Trips to the mail box now often are rewarded with art in the mail.
This piece is a journal spread I made this week.  It was an assignment for a visual journaling class I am taking.  It was to be a metaphorical self-portrait.  It's titled Seeker.
Thank you for your stopping by this past year to visit my blog.  I hope to be more regular with this in the new year.  Wishing you all a new year full of good health happiness and of course art!


8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful year it has been. Such a fabulous spread my friend. Hugs Brian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you helped make it fabulous dear friend- love you Brian.

      Delete
  2. I love your metaphorical self-portrait! The way you've combined the elements of the collage is wonderful; I can see many layers of meaning...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you use your journal to process so much of what is going on in your life. This is a great piece, Terry. I wish I was sitting next to you while you created and could be inside your head to know how each part is so important to you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind comments on my blog. I think 500 posts is somewhat horrifying, but also rather an achievement. Can’t believe I am so wordy!

    John takes great photos, doesn’t he? I have never taken a bad one of him.

    I am very excited to take the class from the three of you. I’m sure it will fill up as time goes by. It’s a long way to August so I wouldn’t let a lack of sign ups now worry you. We will have a grand time, I’m sure.

    Happy Holidays,

    ReplyDelete