Saturday, July 4, 2020

July 4th 2020

I have mixed feeling about this holiday this year- I always have as this was certainly a holiday not for all groups in this country.
The first piece is a journal spread I just finished today.  I had the idea come to me a couple of nights ago just before I fell asleep. The quote pretty much explains the spread. The pieces after that are 4" x 6" cards I am doing for the ICAD challenge (index-card-a-day) This started June first and will end the 31st this month. So yes- I will have 61 cards.
I hope you have a nice holiday please be safe wear your masks and watch your distance from people.

This spread is 8 inches tall and 16 inches wide.



The rest here are the 4 x 6 cards.












5 comments:

  1. So much to love about this recent work of yours. Strange but true: I like seeing it on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it all but especially the grumpy merman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cards, esp the Barbie and Ken ones. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you about the 4th, Terry! For so many in this country there is very little to celebrate. We also have a dog who hyperventilates and becomes so frightened at the sound of fireworks, so Independence Day is her worst day of the year. I so love the intense colors that you are using in these pieces and the varied, often humorous or thought-provoking subject matter. Wow! 61 postcards by the end of the month! Incredible!

    ReplyDelete