Sunday, March 7, 2021

March means Wind in New Mexico!

 Well we are into the wind season here and by wind it is not unusual to have 60mph gusts here when the winds come and we have already had some of that. This takes some getting use to.

I have been busy of late. I took a short 5 day online class with Lydia Rink. This was making an interesting slot and tab book- no gluing or sewing- it can be tricky- finding the right weight of paper is the key. Then the rest were collage assignments.  I did a short online class for Fonda Clark Haight's Facebook group A Pause For Play.   This was for a collaged meander book. Making the videos was a real learning experience as I really have done very little video at all. I have a stand for my phone and learned how to use that. It was good for me to do this as I want to be able to do classes myself online in the future.

Here are some things I have made since the last post.   First are  three more hand collages. I still work on those from time to time.


 This was a hand that I found in a graphic arts paper sample catalog. I added the faces.

I used the "waste" from cutting out a hand. I added the orange and the Lowes house shaped paint sample and the door.

Background here is a CitriSolv page, a gel print scrap and collage elements.


I took an online Sketchbooking Class with Lewis Rossignol.  I love his work and he is a very good teache This spread was for his scientific drawing assignment. I did the skull drawings and scanned them so I could make them smaller. I added the collage elements to the spread.

r.https://www.lewisrossignolart.com/. 

 

 

 

These are two of the slot and tab journals I made for Lydia Rink's 5 day challenge class.  Sorry for the blurry photo.


 


These 2 journals have painted and plain paper pages.

First spread in the journal on the left above.


Second spread.

 


Third spread.




2 comments:

  1. You have been wonderfully prolific. Love all your postings. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work, Terry. You always amaze me.
    Thanks for the Lewis Rossignol link, I like his work too.
    Please take good care in that wind.

    ReplyDelete