Thursday, July 11, 2024

Summer in New Mexico

 I am going to try to be better about this blog. I have had people contact me and tell me they only see my work here as they are not on instagram. I don't know why I neglect this blog.  Needless to say- I have lots of work to share. I really don't know where to begin.

I have work in a show right now at Tortuga Gallery here in Albuquerque. This show is called Anything Goes and is a show/sale of work by members of Libros- the book arts guild here in Albuquerque. In August I will have work in a group show at Remarque Print Workshop. The show title is: Inside/Outside  Books Boxes Bags and Beyond. I have made a set of shrines for that show and I will share them here.

These shrines are 7 inches tall and 4 1.2 inches wide.  They are aound an inch deep. I make boxes out of cardboard- I designed the shrine fronts using parts of old photo holders or frames. The people are printed out mounted on cardboard and cut out. There are different levels. These are like a diorama.  I have loved dioramas since making them in 4th grade.



 Raymond always loved the big city.


Franklin loved his little neighborhood.


Casandra missed her little neighborhood.


Elizabeth loved her time in the garden.

Randel had already moved on.

Marc loved his polka dot shirt.


Terrance loved his times at the Palace Club.


2 comments:

  1. And Rosada loves your art work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I love your art so much!

    ReplyDelete